Monday, March 26, 2012

High School Preschool

Today was the first day of "High School Preschool." I was soooooooooooo freaked out. I couldn't eat all morning; my stomach was in complete knots and I felt like I could puke. The boys were super pumped up. They couldn't wait for preschool to start.

When I dropped the boys off two girls from the child development class met us on the sidewalk. They were so sweet and cheerful. The boys introduced themselves to the girls, and they introduced themselves to the boys. Ian's helper, "L," told them today's theme was Farm Day. Eli said that tractors are his favorite, and Ian said that animals are his favorite because a cow looked at him in his car. (This happened last week.) L told us that she lives on a farm with cows and horses. This cracked up Eli and he said, "That was so funny." L and "B," Eli's helper, just lost it. Oh, Eli....what a little charmer. Then the boys said 'good-bye' and off they went with L and B.

It was so hard to leave them, and I couldn't take my sunglasses off (it's SO overcast today BTW) because I was on the brink of an emotional breakdown. I went to Subway to eat lunch, and then headed home to take care of a little housekeeping before I had to pick the boys up. That's when I realized something.......this little break ROCKED!!!

I was able to clean the kitchen, switch out the laundry, AND clean the living room without interruption. It was so nice and quiet and peaceful and relaxing and....I could go on and on and on. It was just really, really nice.

When I picked up the boys, they were grinning ear to ear. L and B brought them right out to me, along with their little art projects. L and B both said the boys did so well, and then the boys tried to escape onto the school lawn and I had to run off, but we'll see them again Wednesday. (Anytown H.S. is on eight block)

I grilled the boys for information, and here's what I found out happened today.

*They made sheep. Eli put lots of dots on his; he was very proud of that.
*They had real corn in the classroom. It was NOT for people. It was in a bucket and the boys got to put their hands in it.
*They played outside. Ian wanted to ride the teeter-totter but didn't get to. Eli would also like to ride the teeter-totter next time.
*There was a little house. (Not sure if it is inside or outside due to conflicting information.)
*Eli went down the slide fast [quickly].
*Ian went down the slide slow[ly]. 


I didn't have it in me to take the picture before preschool. I had every intention of doing so, but couldn't bring myself to let go of their little hands and hold a camera instead. So, here they are after preschool showing off the sheep they made.

The boys are happy so I'm happy, and I am REALLY looking forward to my little slice of daily freedom for the next seven weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you! I almost had a breakdown the first time I left Em in children's ministry at church, and I was still in the same building with a pager on me so that I could go get her if anything happened. But, it sounds like they will thrive from this time, and so will you, so way to go mama! :-)

    ReplyDelete