WARNING: Shocking news at the end!!! (Don't worry; it's not bad.)
Once again, am I touting the benefits of Simplicity Parenting. Today Ian specifically requested his "doctor toys." I thought he meant the little Fisher Price doctor set that belonged to me when I was a toddler that he played with at my parents' house. No, no. He was referring to a set of rescue vehicles he received from Grandma K-leen and Grandpa Marc for Christmas. I made him clean up the mess he had made with his trains and building blocks in order to earn, for lack of a better word, his privilege to trade toys. He happily obliged, and now Ian and Eli are completely immersed in imaginative play as they take their rescue vehicles on their maiden voyages. (As I've said before, Cole and I phase in new toys very slowly)
Getting everything set up for a game of rescue vehicles
Ian checking everything out
The boys are in HEAVEN!!! They are absolutely in love with their set of rescue vehicles and all of the little accessories that can be stored within each vehicle. I am so, so, so thrilled to see them completely engaged and immersed in their creative play. They are truly appreciating the wonderful gift from Grandma and Grandpa the way a new toy should be appreciated and cherished. Grandma and Grandpa, your gift is a smashing success.
And now for the great big shocking surprise. I colored my hair bright pink, and I do mean BRIGHT pink! Not all of it mind you, but enough to really shock the pants off of anyone who has been in a room with me for more than seven minutes. I'm smitten with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment