As I got them all snuggled in last night, Eli was upset there was no campfire. (silence) Anyway, they eventually fell asleep around 9:30 last night because they stayed in there chit-chatting for an hour and a half!!!! I knew they would go to sleep late, but I was okay with that.
Well, this morning at 6:00 they were wide awake. Surprise, surprise. Our kids do NOT sleep in! No matter what. Cole and I laid in bed for a few minutes, snoozing, when suddenly we heard horrible crashing that just didn't seem to want to stop. We flew out of bed, and ran to Eli's room. Ian was bawling, Eli was yelling at him for ruining his room. Ian had climbed onto the arm of Eli's rocking chair to try to get something off of a shelf. The rocking chair tipped over, and, I'm assuming, Ian clung to the shelf hoping not to fall but instead ripped the shelf off the wall and landed in a big heap of furniture and stuff.
The brackets of the shelf remain in the wall
The shelf hangs no more
Ian was shaking like crazy as I tried to comfort him. It clearly scared the hell out of him. Most thankfully, Ian and Eli were both fine, but it's going to be a LONG time before we have another "camp out."
No comments:
Post a Comment