When Ian woke up this morning he was ALL smiles. Couldn't wait to walk to school. We finally walked over (we only live about four blocks away), Cole had to literally run home after we dropped him off in order to make a 9:00 a.m. meeting in Decatur, and so began life with a student. I don't like it, I tell ya. I don't! However, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that we have made the right choice for Ian. It is the right time for him to start school, and going with a Montessori education was absolutely the best opportunity we could have given him.
SOOOOOO excited!!!!!
Li-Li insisted on making this ridiculous face.
Chum 1 and Chum 2
A little time with Dad before school
Getting ready to head in for the first day
I spent the morning running errands with Chum 2, and oh boy, did that feel weird! It is so easy to only haul around one child, deal with one car seat, one set of bathroom breaks, etc. Tomorrow, when I don't have a list of errands to tend to, I'm sure the four-hour school day is going to seem MUCH longer.
We picked Ian up on foot. He was VERY quiet. I was a little concerned. After about a block and a half, he dropped to the ground in someone's yard and said, "I just need to take a rest. My school wore me out, and the grass is a great place to lay down." I was astonished. I couldn't believe how tired he was. He finally asked me to bring the car tomorrow because "a car is faster than people."
When we finally got home, he walked inside and said, "I love my school, but it sure is good to be home." I thought for sure he would actually take a nap today, but he didn't. He did chill in his bed for about an hour though. I think to make it through the school week he is just going to need a very, very early bedtime. Hey, whatever works for him.
All I know is that today was a complete success, and as much as I hate that the first four years have gone by so quickly, I'm so happy that he is excited to be a student.
No comments:
Post a Comment