Dear lord, it's been one of those days. And I don't mean this in an everything's-coming-up-Dani kind of way, although I did get a check for $21.10 as a payout for some class-action lawsuit filed against Wal-Mart (I have NO idea what it was even about). I mean it in the, "I chose to have children?" kind of way.
I am a patient person. I am a calm and relaxed person. But, I am also a person with functional ears, and therefore, this day has been a challenge. There are so many things I can tolerate. Fighting, bickering, getting lashed across the neck with a fishing pole. But the one thing I absolutely, positively, with no exceptions CAN NOT TOLERATE is whining. The very nanosecond I hear the beginning of a whiny statement, I'm ready to go absolutely bananas. There is nothing in the world that sounds as bad as a whiny kid, and today, that's what I've had. Whiners. This makes for a very long day as I will not answer or respond to a single request that is said with the slightest hint of "whine" to it. If it takes the boys 50 tries to spit it out without making me hope to be stricken temporarily deaf, so be it. I. Do. Not. Tolerate. Whining!!!!!!!!
I think I've heard more guttural noises and low-toned "mehs" than actual words come out of the boys' mouths today. It makes me want to run away and not stop until I'm back down to my "date weight" (you know, when I weighed in the high 120s when Cole and I started dating) and that would take damn near forever. I often hear that girls are notoriously whiny. If my every day life included whining, I would wear ear plugs plus shooting earmuffs all day every day and just learn ASL. I can't handle it.
Having only boys, I can't be too sure if that's true. If it is, then all I can say is, "Praise God that I was given boys!" because I would be in a perpetual bad mood. And you know what they say, "If mama ain't happy; ain't nobody happy."
This makes my day! And I'm sorry you had a bad one ;) Praying for you and your boys ;) much love to you and your family! OH, and did I mention I'm almost proficient in ASL...the rumor is true...and Lucy's only 4 (sigh)
ReplyDeleteHahaha. Oh, dear. I was hoping the rumor was truly a rumor.
ReplyDelete