So in my quest to immerse myself in warm weather dreams to block out my cold weather reality, I've been fixating, once again, on a pair of sandals I've been wanting for almost a year now.
Behold.
Now, before you get all those-are-not-Danielle on me, let me explain why I want these sandals so very badly.
1. They are made in America. That's right. These shoes are made in America USING American resources. Pretty cool, right?
2. The company will also repair the shoes as time goes by. Isn't that great? Who hasn't had a pair of shoes that needed repair but couldn't really find the right person to fix them? Not all shoe repair shops can or will repair all shoes.
3. The reviews. I love to read reviews. Generally, I only read the bad ones and marvel at how grumpy, ridiculous, and entitled some people are. But the reviews for these shoes are great! Everyone talks about how they've owned their shoes for 15 years and they still love them and the shoes are still in great shape.
4. (This is the major reason) They are custom fit to your feet! You send in a tracing of your feet, and they make the shoes to fit your feet.
For some people this may not be a big deal. For me, it is HUGE. In my 31 years I have owned exactly ONE pair of shoes that fit my feet well. My feet are extremely narrow, and finding narrow width shoes in a size 10 is practically impossible. The one pair that I have owned (Brooks Adrenaline, 10 Narrow) are absolutely heavenly. If you haven't spent 31 years walking around in ill-fitting shoes, you just can't begin to understand the glorious appeal of custom fit shoes...and if you think you can, you still can't imagine it as much as I can. Trust me.

Don't you just want to slip these on your feet and walk down a quaint street in New England?
I asked Cole for these sandals for Valentine's Day, but he hates them thinks they are too far from my style. He told me that he completely understands my frustration and is fine with the idea of buying me a custom pair of shoes....but not these.
Maybe they aren't my normal style, but I REALLY like them. They just looks so comfy and inviting. Like they were just made for me. Oh, wait....

No comments:
Post a Comment