Tyla, Jessica (my sister), Jessica (my bestie), me, Whitney, Hilary (my sister-in-law)
This picture was taken at my surprise bridal shower in 2006. (Hopefully, that explains the wardrobe choice.) Look at the bride-to-be. So thin by my current standards, but I remember being disgusted with how "fat" I was going to be at my wedding. In this picture I was roughly 20 pounds heavier than I was when Cole and I started dating. Oh, to look like that again....
Cole and I have been gearing up for some nutritional changes for a while now. It sounds silly that we've been preparing and not doing, but we had a plan and there was logic behind the madness. Monday we began our plan: a 24 Day Challenge. It's all explicitly spelled out for you. Everything you put into your mouth is part of the planning. It's exactly what I need...to be bossed around.
I stepped on the scale Monday morning, and I was heaviest I've EVER been in my life. I've gained another 30-ish pounds since this picture was taken. It was so depressing. But, I did it to myself. I eat crappy food, and I haven't exercised on a regular basis since the end of September. That's four months ago. Yikes.
Some friends of ours did this 24 Day Challenge in August and had amazing AND lasting results. It helped them really view food as fuel and get a grip on their bad habits. It's been really nice to have inspiration/support from them, and it's been nice to have Cole doing this with me for added support at home.
So, we're going to take things a day at a time. Slow and steady. Hopefully, I'll look like that young little bride again in the not-so-distant future.

No comments:
Post a Comment