Today was WARM. For the first time in a very, very long time. I did not handle the winter well this year. In fact, each year it's getting harder and harder. BUT, hearing the boys squeal as they ran through the sprinkler and gasp each time the cold water hit them was just that much sweeter today because of the memory of the harsh weather which just recently decided to leave us.
There is a very good chance that I love summer even more as an adult than I did as a child. Probably because I now fully grasp how fleeting childhood is. I appreciate the long, hot days more. I feel the excitement of getting in the pool more. I cherish the quiet dinners where I know everyone is exhausted because we made the most of every minute of the day. And I never want it to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment