Friday, June 1, 2012

Cancun 2012

Vacation has come and gone. BOOOOOOO!!!!! It was 10 months in the works and over within four days. Geesh. We had a very anxiety producing passport fiasco in the two weeks before vacation, and as I ranted to anyone who would listen I began to feel very, um, out of touch with reality. If my biggest concern in life is whether or not our new/renewed passports don't show up in time for our first international family vacation, I'd say I have a pretty easy life.....which I already knew.

Anyway, vacation was a blast, regardless of the fact that our children were NOT ready for a four hour plane ride followed by hours standing in line at immigration. Here's a photo recap of the trip.

Waiting to leave town


"Who Face"

We got caught in a hail storm on the way to Chicago the night before our flight.



We got to see a partial solar eclipse on the way. Can't tell from the picture

We stayed right across the road from O'Hare.

Right after falling asleep.

Right before waking up.

Buckled in, waiting to taxi out to the runway.

Still in a good mood.

Our resort.

The ONLY time Flat Stanley made an appearance. Ol' Stanley really liked the room.

Breakfast at Albatros


Giovanti's On The Beach


Quiet time

Mexico Night


Boys LOVED standing on the "cake" in the middle


Best kids' pool ever!!!!!!

Fountains (off at the time)











Time to head back to America. It was a BAD flight....bad behavior, LOTS of turbulence, the worst landing ever!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment