Ian is 6! It's been an eventful week. Birthday early in the week and party on the weekend. Goodness gracious. Here's a visual recap of events.
He got a set of Metro Mags as his gift.
(Those suckers are EXPENSIVE! I bought a set for 60% off on Zulily. Mom for the win!)
He immediately spelled out "Ian is 6." Not all the words are facing the same direction. It's artistic.
We had supper at Olive Garden, his standard birthday dinner choice.
Then it was off to Toys R Us where he picked out a new recycling truck, got his birthday balloon and crown.
Then came Water Party 2.0. The yard was already wet from a lot of rain and it was in the LOW 70's. Not what I was hoping for, but you know what? We all put on big smiles and dealt with it. The kids lasted about an hour, and by the end...the yard looked like the end of Woodstock. This was bad because my mom, my grandma, and one of my neighbors were all wearing white pants. Yikes!
Cole prepared about 400 water balloons before the party, then he, my dad, my brother-in-law, and my father-in-law spent the first solid hour of the party constantly replenishing the stock. They were such good sports, and I SOOOOOO appreciate their hard (wet) work!!! The kids had a blast! We then had to hose off 17 muddy kids, dry them, change them into dry clothes, and prepare for lunch.
We fed 17 kids and 16 adults Pizza Hut pizza, and I forced all the kids to choose at least one fruit or vegetable to go with their pizza. Yep. I was that mom. We were cutting it close on time so Cole's mom and Aunt Kathy coordinated and supervised gift opening. It was all over and cleaned up before I knew it. Except for the yard...it still looked like a war zone. What a great party!
No comments:
Post a Comment