Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our First 'Great Harvest' Purchase

Part of the processed foods challenge is to eliminate all prepackaged items with more than five ingredients. That's basically everything in the store. I thought I was going to have to start baking our own bread, but Great Harvest Bread Company has a location in Champaign. (Cue the choir of angels.) Great Harvest only uses five ingredients in their bread. I sent Cole out for our first loaf yesterday. Cole is into breads, so I let him take the reins on this one, and he was going to be there anyway for work.

I saw the bread in the kitchen this morning and thought, "Oh, good. We have bread again." Later I moved the bread and was in shock!!! It's smaller than a regular loaf of bread, but it is SO heavy! I got out the scale to weigh it.

2 lbs. 3 1/2 oz.

My goodness, that's a lot of dense bread! Let's hope we love it. Of course, we could always use it as a door stop if we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment