Recently, Cole and my youngest sister, Tyla, celebrated their birthdays. (They're on the same day) I didn't have any idea what to buy Cole as a gift, but I knew how to make Cole's day perfect! A while ago Cole mentioned that he wanted a party sub. I know what you're thinking, "Who in the world still buys party subs?" Cole and I thought the same thing. We had an entire discussion about how the party sub has really fallen out of favor. But Cole really wanted the experience of having a HUGE sandwich. So with the help of my mother, I arranged for a 6 foot sub for Cole's birthday.
Tyla had wanted a cookout for her birthday lunch, but it was so ridiculously hot that we decided Dad should probably not be outside, BY A GRILL, for an extended period of time. So it was sub sandwiches for everyone!
Tyla, the birthday girl, helping me to transport the huge sandwich. We also had to drive my mom's suburban as neither of us had a large enough car.
So, I started getting a little nervous that maybe we wouldn't have enough food for everyone. I didn't realize that the party sub was also 6 inches wide!!!
Cole was SO surprised and super duper excited!!!!!
Drinking the mayo. All of the condiments came in cups. It was so gross.
The birthday honorees surrounded by the little ones of the fam. Ian's hand is on the far right.
It was a great party. Everyone had a good laugh about the gigantic sandwich and we managed to eat literally half of it. We then had to slice it into sections in order to wrap and refrigerate the rest. Six feet of party sub will feed a LOT of people.
Cole was very jazzed about his sub, but he did say that one gigantic sandwich was enough for a lifetime. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment