Sunday, January 1, 2012

CAUTION: Imaginations Running Wild

My favorite toy for the boys is building blocks.  I l-o-v-e, LOVE building blocks!  In my opinion they are the perfect toy because you can create anything you want.  Want a garage for your cars?  Build it!  Want to see what Santa's workshop looks like?  Build it!  Want a dragon with a hinged jaw and flapable wings?  Have dad build it!  (Seriously....Cole built one)

So this afternoon we were playing with our Trio building blocks, and I decided to build something with lots of open space.  This is what I came up with... 


Cole came in and started quizzing Ian, who was busy building a telescope, about what it was.

Cole: Did you build this?
Ian: No, mommy did.
Cole: What is it?
Ian: A museum.  (pauses)  A scallywag museum.

Yes, a Scallywag Museum.  I couldn't believe the answer.  It was SO off-the-wall ridiculous, but that's just the mind of a three-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment