Wow, oh wow, are we having a big week......and it's only Monday!
First of all, Saturday night we decided to move Eli into Ian's room and turn Eli's room into a play room. I am really not loving the new arrangement, but I'm pretty sure this is just the way it's going to be. I hate that there is no room for a rocking chair in the boys' room, and it just makes it feel like we are past the "nursery" stage of life. Now I have to rock them in the play room and carry them into the bedroom, and it's just not as cozy. It makes me very sad. :(
Second of all, the boys are not allowed to watch TV this week. The boys love to get their day going with a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and then a little Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but this week they are just going to have to rely on my morning entertainment, Mike in the Morning on 97.5. I don't really like Mike in the Morning, but my little kitchen radio won't pick up any other stations, so I've learned to appreciate it.
Third, and most exciting, our peg people arrived!!!! All 136 of them. They arrived after lunch, so while Eli was napping, Ian and me ripped open the packaging and covered the living room rug in peg people. I then fetched our washable markers, and we started to decorate. Ian quit decorating pretty quickly and started requesting characters while he played. I don't blame him. Playing was definitely more fun than decorating, but I still managed to make a few cool peg people.
First up........meet the Anderpegs (and pretend I swept the dead leaves off of the porch before I took the picture).
Ian drew "eyebrows" on himself with a pinkish marker. Not quite the color of his actual eyebrows, but a pretty fair representation of his scar.
Here are the Anderpegs with 130 of their future friends. Two in the crowd are already decorated.
Little pegs all in a row
What a good lookin' fam.
This was the original me. The marker slipped while I was drawing my right eye, and then I tried to make the left eye match. It ended up looking very "Black Hole Sun," and I was totally freaked out by my appearance. This particular person might become kindling because I really don't like it.
The new me. Much foxier, don't you think? And way better hair!
A little construction worker/fireman.
This $30.00 bag of peg people was a GREAT purchase! There are sooooooo many of them that neither Ian nor Eli can complain about not having enough to play with. Plus, our imaginations are our only limitation when it comes to what toys we can have. I'm going to start painting some of the pegs because paint will look better than marker and because I will be able to add more detail with a finer brush. I'll update as our pegs become more and more interesting and diverse.
No comments:
Post a Comment